The event takes place on January 21-22. The 21st will feature the screening of a selection of films, followed by roundtable discussions with some of the actors and directors, and the 22nd will showcase a series of short films and documentaries.
Marlene Dermer, co-director of the Los Angeles international FIlm Festival (co-founded by Edward James Olmos), is curator of the LACMA-sponsored series, held at the Bing Theatre. The event is free, but tickets are required.
The featured films are listed below. Click on the title to reserve tickets to the screening.
- La teta asustada (The Milk of Sorrow)
1:00 p.m. on January 21
- El Violín (The Violin)
3:00 p.m. on January 21
- El regalo de la Pachamama (The Gift of the Pachamama)
5:00 p.m. on January 21
- Teshuinada, Semana Santa Tarahumara (Teshuinada, Holy Week at the Tarahumara)
12:30 p.m. on January 22
- Solo un cargador (Porter)
1:30 p.m. on January 22
- El puente dorado (The Golden Bridge)
2:00 p.m. on January 22
- La pequeña semilla en el asfalto (The Little Seed in the Asphalt )
2:30 p.m. on January 22