Beverly Hills Chihuahua
A spoiled Beverly Hills chihuahua finds herself lost in Mexico and needs the help of the locals – especially the gruff Delgado – to find her way back home. Along the way, she unexpectedly discovers the roots of her proud breed.
Mr. Olmos' voices the villian, a Doberman named El Diablo, who pursues the heroine across Mexico.
Beverly Hills Chihuahua was released on October 3, 2008 (U.S) and has a runtime of 91 minutes.
Buy on Blu-Ray or DVD
- Edward James Olmos has appeared on "The George Lopez Show" with George Lopez, who voices Papi in Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
- Paul Rodriguez, who voices Chico in Beverly Hills Chihuahua, starred in A Million to Juan with Edward James Olmos.
- Andy Garcia, who voices Delgado, appeared as Frederico Garcia Lorca in The Disappearance of Garcia Lorca alongside Edward James Olmos.
- 2009 Imagen Foundation Awards: Seven nominations (Best Actor/Feature Film: Any Garcia, George Lopez and Edward James Olmos; Best Feature Film; Best Supporting Actor/Feature Film: Manolo Cardona, Paul Rodrigez and Cheech Marin.
- 2009 Kids' Choice Awards (USA): George Lopez was nominated for the Blimp Award as Favorite Movie Actor
Despite what the professional reviewers/critics had to say about the movie, I loved Beverly Hills Chihuahua! I found it a fun family romp with some great voicework.
I'll admit when I first heard the title I thought, "This sounds unbelievably horrible," but it turned out to be – maybe not great – but definitely entertaining at my house. It also makes me want a chihuahua!